PLEASE NOTE THAT CORRESPONDENCE WILL ONLY BE LIMITED TO SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES.
BIDVEST FM IS COMMITTED TO THE ACHIEVEMENT AND MAINTENANCE OF EQUITY IN EMPLOYMENT.
- ROLE PURPOSE
Carry out pre-operational safety standards in work area. Select and use the correct PPE. Maintain health and safety standards in the work area.
- MAIN OUTPUTS
- Apply precautions and required action to minimise, control or eliminate hazards when operating the boilers
- Communicate effectively with others when operating and monitoring boiler performance
- Complete documentation related to operating and monitoring boiler
- Identify and assess boiler defects and deficiencies, and take appropriate action to report, isolate, and repair or replace identified defective equipment
- Implement contingency plans for emergencies.
- Read and interpret instructions, procedures, information and signs relevant to operating monitoring boiler.
- Select and use required personal protective equipment conform to industry and WHS/OHS Select and use required personal protective equipment conform to industry and WHS/OHS standards.
- REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE
- Applicable legislation relating to steam plant and nationally approved compliance codes and/or guidelines, and codes of practice.
- Basic principles of boiler operation, monitoring devices, ancillary systems.
- Boiler controls, instruments and indicators and their purpose, location and use.
- Adjusting controls to maximise efficient and safe running.
- Carrying out minor maintenance, Principles for starting up, operating, monitoring and shutting down boiler cleaning and servicing boiler
- Managing safety incidents and hazardous situations that may arise when operating and monitoring boiler performance.
- Principles for starting up, operating, monitoring and shutting down boiler.
- Relevant licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements.
- Requirements for completing relevant documentation during and after operating and monitoring boiler performance
- Typical faults that can occur with boiler and related action that should be taken to repair, isolate, replace, report and record faulty equipment.
- KEY COMPETENCIES
The right person must have the following competencies: –
- Deadline driven & highly motivated
- Stress tolerance
- Written communication
- Customer Focus
- Problem Analysis
- Teamwork & Partnering
- Relationship Building
- Interactive Reasoning
The Applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Valid SA Driver’s License,
- Grade 12
- N-3 Mechanical Qualification.
- Trade Test Maintenance Fitter and Turner – Red Seal.
- 3 Years’ proven experience in operating and maintaining steam boilers.
Submite your application to
Tel: +27 12 641 8114
Junior Manager People Management
|Location||UNIVERSITY OF FREE STATE CONTRACT|
|Closing Date||23 JULY 2021|