Switchboard Operator – GAUTENG – (EOH) Bedfordview
|Location||GAUTENG – (EOH) BEDFORDVIEW|
|Closing Date||25TH NOVEMBER 2020|
|Tertiary education||Grade 12|
|Secondary education||Certificate in Office Administration/Secretarial|
|Licenses||Valid code 8 driver’s license (Advantageous)|
|Experience||2 -years relevant experience in customer service within a corporate environment & office administration/secretarial. Computer literate, proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel & MS Outlook (Intermediate skill-level)|
Please note that Correspondence will only be limited to Short-Listed Candidates.
Bidvest FM is committed to the Achievement and Maintenance of Equity in Employment.
- Role Purpose
To perform Switchboard facilities in a professional manner; provide a high level of customer service to all external and internal callers;
- Main Outputs
- Ensures high level switchboard operation service.
- Ensure the usage of proper telephone etiquette and transfer and direct calls professionally.
- Updates information promptly on the directory system and continuously update the database.
- Responds to calls that return to the board unanswered and assists callers with alternative extensions.
- Develops a sound knowledge of all the names of the key Clients, Senior Management, Directors and EXCO.
- Handles client complaints and queries and provides prompt feedback.
- Keeps an open channel of communication with fellow staff and builds team spirit
- Manage & co-ordinate all conference facilities, boardroom bookings as and when required
- Key Competencies
The right person must have the following competencies: –
- Have broad office administration knowledge with a strong focus on quality standards, safety standards & customer relationship management
- Approachable, Friendly and energetic.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Must be patient
- Must be punctual and reliable.
- Have planning skills and be organized
- Be deadline driven
- Innovation orientated
- Qualifications and Skills
The Applicant must meet the following requirements: –
- Grade 12
- Certificate in Office Administration/Secretarial
- 2 -years relevant experience in customer service within a corporate environment & office administration/secretarial
- Computer literate, proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel & MS Outlook (Intermediate skill-level)
- Valid code 8 driver’s license (Advantageous)
- Knowledge of OHS Act, ISO 9001 Quality Management & Risk Management Systems
Contact: Sandra Moodie
Senior Manager – People Management