Sourcing Manager – Centurion
|Job Category||Supply Chain|
|Location||Meersig - Centurion|
|Closing Date||4th January 2018|
|Licenses||Code 8 required|
The role is responsible for all Supply Chain related tasks under the Category Management framework, including strategic sourcing; vendor, stakeholder, contract, and risk management. Sourcing Managers will also focus on targeted cost savings and innovations that result in improved operational efficiencies for the organisation. Management support and Mentorship are also key responsibilities of the role.
- Category Management:
- Manage all procurement-related activities of third party spend within their category, including strategic sourcing initiatives (RFQ/I/P/T/X).
- Identify, implement and maintain the relevant commodity and service contracts (ad hoc and committed spend) to support the business.
- Achieve targeted cost savings, including effective negotiation processes with vendors
- Develop and maintain expert knowledge of the respective supply markets, competitors and product/service innovations.
- Facilitate implementation of procurement change initiatives within their category to improve business performance.
- Provide support to the company’s acquisition strategies by identifying and interrogating suitable opportunities within their spend categories for presentation to management.
- Vendor Management: Manage all aspects of the vendor rationalization strategy within the category to support the business nationally, including vendor selection, compliance and performance.
- Stakeholder Management: Build strong relationships with internal and external customers with a view to enhancing the customer experience.
- Contract Management:
- Manage ALL contracts within their category across it’s lifecycle, including terminations, renewals, extensions and re-assignments.
- Identify and manage risk to the business together with the cross-functional contracting team (Legal, Operations, Maintenance Engineering)
- Innovation: Identify innovative procurement solutions that provide efficiencies for the organisation.
- Management support: Perform procurement analyses and reporting to assist management to track, monitor and achieve departmental targets.
- Mentorship: perform a mentorship role to Procurement officers and Buyers
The right person must have the following competencies: –
- RITCH Values – Respect, Integrity, Trust, Commitment, Honesty
- Planner / Organiser
- Self-starter that’s Deadline Driven
- Listening skills
- Lead “from the front” and “by example”
- Structured with attention to detail and accuracy
- Innovative problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Think conceptually and create multiple scenarios and hypotheses
- Interact and present to executive level clients
- Collaborative team player, work co-operatively, and share responsibility with others
- Exceptional Negotiation Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Ability to handle pressure
- General knowledge in Finance
- Category Management
- General knowledge in Law
- Programme Management
- General knowledge in auditing
- Report writing skills
- Undergraduate diploma / degree in supply chain / commerce
- Institute of Purchasing and Supply SA / CIPS is preferred
- Minimum Code 8 Drivers Licence
- Greater than 5 years experience in Procurement and Supply Chain
- MS Windows, Excel, Internet
- SAP Knowledge
- Programme Management tools
- A general understanding of Health and Safety