NB: Correspondence will only be limited to shortlisted candidates.
Bidvest FM is committed to the Achievement and Maintenance of Equity in Employment.
1. ROLE PURPOSE
This role profile is an abridged version of what the job incumbent is expected to do in an ordinary day. It does not cover all the duties that will be undertaken by this person which may be delegated to the job incumbent from time to time.
2. MAIN OUTPUTS
- Ensure infrastructure services are maintained and operational to service standards specified.
- Maintain availability of assets and building in accordance to specified standards.
- Support the planned maintenance programme in order to ensure business continuity incurs minimum downtime.
- Proactively manage the maintenance process and identify potential equipment / asset failure or problems.
- Proactively identify assets at end of life or in need to of upgrade for the purposes of consideration for capital investment plans.
- Investigate plant or equipment failure to establish root cause and recommend corrective actions.
- Provide recommendations and where necessary oversight to re-active maintenance work to ensure that all work is carried out as per the work order and or specification and that quality standards are maintained
- Approve proposals for new plant and equipment and provide specifications for the supply and installation in accordance with Barclay’s standards and good engineering practice especially where such standards are not available.
- Provide Specialist Technical knowledge and expertise to Facilities and Project Managers including supervision where necessary of works executed.
- Ensure that assets are controlled, operated and to the necessary operational specifications.
- Provide and undertake the appropriate incident management protocols and procedures in order to mitigate and prevent the client’s business redundancy systems are always in full and correct operations.
- Undertake, provide and maintain the execution of activities that will provide the necessary assurance of asset and building availability.
- Engage with and maintain a cordial relationship with the various clients representatives.
- On time planning and execution of all Planned Maintenance
- Availability and reliability of regional assets and buildings.
- Management of breakdowns, planned outages and implementation root cause failure outcomes.
- Reporting and management of incidents
- Management and completion of reactive work and requests.
- Vacancy, employment equity and people development.
3. QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS / KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
The Applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Matric (Senior Certificate)
- N6 Diploma in Engineering
- Certified Data Centre Professional (Advantageous)
- Code B Driver’s License
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Electrical or Mechanical engineering
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Facilities management
- Strong technical background and have good management and leadership skills
- Maintenance engineering
- Physical Asset management
- Maintenance tactics
- Occupational Health and Safety act
- First Line Management
- Finance for non-financial managers
- Microsoft Office (advanced), SAP Knowledge
- General Health & Safety knowledge
- Business Acumen
- Display pursuit of excellence
- Maintain confidentiality
- Leadership and motivation
- Etiquette / Courtesy in Business
- Planning & execution skills
- Problem Analysis
- Demonstrate independence
|Occupational level||Middle Management|
|Closing Date||31 October 2022|