Engineering Manager – Johannesburg
|Job Category||Maintenance Engineering|
|Closing Date||30 April 2018|
|Experience||5 years plus|
The incumbent will be responsible for implementing the maintenance strategy within the national engineering and operations domains towards ensuring that best practice is applied within the Service Delivery domain. The incumbent will also be responsible for project inspections, incident investigations and risk assessments
- Developing maintenance plans /models which suit customer’s specifications and timelines; and delivering according to those plans. Developing Equipment Engineering Instructions for operations to maintain equipment
- Managing and maintaining customer relations and providing continuous feedback and reports. Drafting and regular review of maintenance strategies aligned with best practices ensuring plant availability in support of the Client SLA’s
- Developing short to medium term Maintenance Engineering budget and managing cash flow and forecasting of projects accurately. Leading and managing the capacity and configuration of equipment towards ensuring that equipment is optimally operated and data integrity is maintained
- Developing, implementing and maintaining a maintenance engineering approach of optimisation and innovation which adds value to both Operations and the customer.
- Advising Operations with respect to statutory requirements, standards to maintain, and the restoration and operation of facilitate, plant and equipment.
- Performing Life Cycle Costing according to Client methodology and accepted standards
- Performing risk inspections, incident investigations, failure analysis, rectification advice, etc.
- Assessment and training of Technical Staff in Operations and ensuring equipment repairs are carried out efficiently. Empowering operational team members and assisting in developing their skills. Roll-out & Implementation of ME operational plans.
- Adherence to Integrated Management System requirements (ISO 9001/14001/OHSAS 18001) and risk management.
Higher Education & Training
Bachelor of Technology or Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering.
Government Certificate of Competence (GCC) (Advantageous)
Professional Engineer or Certificated Engineer with ECSA
School Grade: Matric
Code EB (08)
At least 5 years’ experience in a Managerial position responsible for Mechanical and Electrical Engineering.
Experience in and the application of Root Cause Analysis, Reliability Centred Maintenance, Plant Availability principals and Life Cycle Costing.
Occupational Health & Safety Act & Regulations.
Management of personnel and budget.
- Engineering Management
- Root Course Analysis
- Reliability Centered Maintenance
- Life Cycle Costing
- Plant Availability
- Project Management Principles
- Budget Management
- Asset Management
- Life Cycle costing, maintenance procedure costing
- Fundamentals of Facilities Management
- Customer Relations
- IT Training (General MS etc.)
- Proficient in Excel/Access or MS office packages
- Health & Safety Training
- Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Samtrac, HIRA
- Risk Management
Generic / Foundation Competencies
- Result orientated
- Functional/Technical skills
- Systems or process thinking
- Personal impact/persuasiveness
- Caring for Subordinates
- Empowerment and Growth principles to mobilise staff to achieve goals
- Business acumen
- Strategic thinking
- Analytical ability
- Good Communication Skills
- Diversity management
- Change agent
- Customer/Client focused
- Good Presentation Skills
- Stress Management
- Planning/Objective setting
- Team Player/Relationship building
- Continuous Learning