Bookkeeper – Centurion
|Closing Date||28th February 2018|
A Bookkeeper is responsible for:
– recording financial transactions daily,
– maintaining accurate records and
– providing reports or statements to managers.
Accurate financial record-keeping helps organisations to keep track of their income and expenditure.
- Process journal entries for all receipts, payments, and other financial transactions (provision and accruals) in SAP
- Following up and resolving outstanding accruals
- Filing source documents for all journal entries recorded
- Doing settlements and FI & CO balancing on SAP
- Perform and analyse revenue and cost matching
- Review Income statement and raise accruals if needed
- Attend March and year-end stock counts. Attend interim counts on request
- Submit statutory SARS reports (Vat201 e-filing)
- Petty cash function -Capture petty cash expenditure and re-imbursement
- Performing petty cash reconciliations and perform surprise Petty cash counts on site
- Preparing ad-hoc management financial reports required by the client or manager.
- Prepare internal reports and submit to budget holders
- Where it is a contract requirement: attend monthly meetings and present financial reports.
- Attend meetings on client and management request
- Create debtor invoices on SAP
- Follow up on outstanding WIP and ensure invoicing is up to date
- Preparing and sending invoices, issuing statements to debtors and collect outstanding debt
- Ensure that all invoices, statements and monthly workings are saved on a central server.
- Where it is a contract requirement: ensure that all invoices are loaded timeously on Clients Invoice portal.
- Ensure that remittance advices are obtained from clients and saved on Share point
- Assist the CCC to obtain the Supplier invoices, in order to invoice the Client.
- Prepare credit notes for approval by Financial Manager.
- Performing other tasks as required by Managers
- Reporting any irregularities to management.
- Keeping abreast with accounting principles, legislation and ensure compliance with company procedures/policies
- Building good Internal and External relationship
- Prepare schedules for and assist with internal and external audit queries
- Assist creditors with queries and outstanding invoices on vendor accounts.
The right person must have the following competencies:
- RITCH Values – Respect, Integrity, Trust, Commitment, Honesty
- Structured with attention to detail and accuracy
- Innovative problem-solving skill
- Ability to multi-task
- Collaborative team player, work co-operatively, and share responsibility with others
- Able to handle pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Diploma or Certificate in Finance with Accounting (current studies towards a formal finance qualification advantageous)/B Degree in Accounting
- Grade 12
- Code 08
- 2 years’ experience
- Ms Excel, able to perform v-look ups and pivot tables, Ms Word, Computerised Accounting.
- Knowledge of SAP