NB: Correspondence will only be limited to shortlisted candidates.
Bidvest FM is committed to the Achievement and Maintenance of Equity in Employment.
1. ROLE PURPOSE
To facilitate the development and submission of comprehensive bid proposals to prospective Clients, timeously & within budget. Ensure that the Company has given itself the utmost possible chance for the bid success.
FM sales team looking for a positive and enthusiastic bid assistant with sound admin and project skills to work alongside the Bid Manager and Sales Team. Excellent project management and organization skills critical.
2. MAIN OUTPUTS
- Manage day-to-day bid process activities from document receipt to submission of bid.
- Develop & manage the bid process plan towards effectively responding to RFIs, RFQs & RFPs
- Analyse tender documents to ensure all necessary mandatory information is included.
- Research potential clients to develop targeted proposals that meet the client’s needs & aspirations
- Facilitate the writing of comprehensive responses to RFIs, RFQs & RFPs to produce market leading proposals and client presentations
- Engage with various stakeholders and levels of management in ensuring that proposals are reflective of the business & individual Client’s needs
- Liaise with support services such as Finance, People Management, Supply Chain, to ensure integrity of information required for bid proposals
- Ensure quality of bid documents in accordance with Bidvest Facilities Management & best practice quality standards
- Ensure that bid documents are complete within the stipulated timeframes and deadlines.
- Implement & maintain a controlled access storage for data & bid information for ease of use by internal stakeholders
- Responsible for effective communication between the client & company throughout the bid process
- Coordinate client site visits when necessary on behalf of Sales team
- Conduct white board updates – Consistent tracking of prospect bids & proposals submitted with business development team
- Co-ordinate the application process for registration with clients / vendor and database registrations
- Handing of drafts & finalized bid documentation to the Sales team including Chief Sales & Marketing Officer, for review prior to submission
- Tracking of tender / RFQ process and exact record keeping of strategic dates and information to be provided / presented
- Provide weekly/monthly reports on pipeline bids (current & potential)
- Must be willing to work under immense pressure with many large projects running simultaneously
- Provide administrative support from time to time on mobilisation and demobilisation projects. This would typically include, updating SharePoint folders, minute taking, coordination of site visits and site commissioning and decommissioning.
3. KEY COMPETENCIES
- Attention to detail Customer Focus
- Teamwork & Partnering
- Deadline Driven & Highly Motivated
- Able to work alone and in teams
- Negotiation Skills
- Relationship Building
- Relationship building
- Creative & innovative
- Analytical Skills
- Interactive Reasoning
- Excellent Written Communication Action orientation
- Planning/Scheduling/Objective Setting
- Excellent Oral Communication
4. QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS / KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
The Applicant must meet the following requirements:
- National Diploma or Degree in Marketing or Business Administration or Project Management (favorable)
- Experience in Facilities Management or Property Management Industry (favourable)
- Experience working on Design Programmes – Adobe Creative Cloud (favourable)
- Matric (Senior Certificate)
- Valid SA Driver’s License
- Minimum 3yrs relevant experience in bid processing & documentation
- Bid coordination & Project Administration
- MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, MS Project, MS Visio & MS Outlook (Intermediate skill level)
- OHS Act, ISO 9001 Quality Management & Risk Management Systems